• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Node JS overloading CPU Usage on several computers - Photoshop Crashing

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a Webdesign instructor and I face a big problem with Photoshop on the computer my trainees use.

PS keeps crashing all the time, when they try to launch it again, it just freezes until I manually Force Quit Node Js in the Windows Task Manager.

It's even worse when they have Illustrator open as well on the computer.

It shows a usage of the CPU at something around 15% but the Total is at 100% and when I kill Node, it goes back to a total of 3-4% CPU usage...

They have a shared licence for every computer and they don't use the syncronisation so that it doesn't overload our local network.

I've tried updating to the latest version of PS and renaming 'Node.exe' to 'Node_old.exe' in the PS application folder but nothing seems to do the trick.

I've disabled CC Startup on launch and auto update as well.

They use an Intel NUC : https://www.intel.fr/content/www/fr/fr/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits/nuc8i7hvk.html

With a 500gb SSD drive & 8Go Ram 

On paper it should be more than plenty.

They only use basic tools as we speak and it's preventing us to work at a good pace for their training...

Thanks for the help in advance

Alexandre

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?