• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Multiple JPG Files Changes Desktop Wallpaper in Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2018 update must have changed a setting somewhere. Now when I select multiple JPG files from the file browser and hit enter, my desktop wallpaper changes to one of the images!

For my projects this has always been the easiest way to work with the files. Is there a way to set it back to the previous behavior/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that the file associations have been broken by uninstalling the previous version after installing CC2018. This is an old problem where the uninstall takes all file associations down with it.. Unfortunately the CC installer does this by default, unless you go into "advanced options" and uncheck "uninstall old versions".

Try to reset the file associations, either in Bridge or Windows. If that doesn't help, uninstall Photoshop and reinstall.

For the future, if you don't want to keep old versions, uninstall them prior to installing the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It sounds like you're on the right track. I don't mind getting rid of the old versions. But it sounds like I just need to figure out which app runs the wallpaper and disassociate it from JPG. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real problem, I suspect, is that jpegs don't open automatically into Photoshop, as they should. This is the file association.

Try Bridge > Preferences > File Type Associations first. Check your other file types while you're there (psd, tiff, png).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first thing I did was set the file association. When I double-click on a single file it does open Photoshop. However, when I select multiple files and hit enter, it still changes my desktop wallpaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines