Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paper or parchment effect on image

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am brand new to these boards & Photoshop.

I would like to add a paper or parchment effect to images on my website. The existing images, to my mind anyway, look 'flat'. I am hoping that the application of a paper effect will give them a bit of 'lift'.

My queries are: -

Is Photoshop the correct tool for the job ?

As I am brand new to Photoshop ( and also Lightroom etc...) has anyone any recommendations at having used a straightforward tutorial ?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Yes, Photoshop can be used for such.

But there are other applications from other companies or entities that can be used for this, both paid and freeware. 

2) Start by actually showing what you are talking about. 

But do not post links to other pages but post the images or screenshots on this Forum directly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my mistake. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find attached an example, hopefully you will see the paper or suchlike effect in the background.

If apps or methods exist outwith of Photoshop etc that allow me to play around with this effect then I am all ears...

Thanks.

example.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I actually meant an image you want to apply a paper structire to. 

I am certain Gimp (free), Affinity Photo (paid) and many other application can be used for such a task. 

Personally I use Photoshop, so I certainly don’t want to discourage you from that but you should be aware that it’s not Photoshop-Or-Nothing. 

In Photoshop you could either use a texture of your own making (scanning or photographing some actual paper that is highly structured) or stock imagery and add that as a Layer above your images and use Blend Modes (and Adjustment Layers if necessary) to blend them. 

photoshop paper texture overlay

Edit: 

https://stage.exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.791.adobe-paper-textures-pro.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks for the tips, plenty time on my hands so I will have a bash with Photoshop later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Stock has boat loads of paper textures.

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=%22paper+texture%22

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines