• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting or importing text into Photoshop

Participant ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a jpeg image that I've pasted into a blank photoshop background. I've been trying to past narrative text from a Wrod document into that page and a text box I defined using the text tool. Each time,  a narrow band of lines that look like an audio signal appears. I've also tried using the pen tool to define a box and paste into. Perhaps this is something fundamental, but I can't seem to solve the problem. Any help would certainly be apprecuated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open the Jpeg as a Photoshop document.  Then the text tool the use the Font you want the text to have and set the size and color of the text for an appropriate text size file the amount of text in your text document.  In your text editor select the text you want and copy it to the clipboard. Now in Photoshop Drag out  a text box to cover the document and the text cursor will be in the top left corner use Ctrl+V. Hers I use Chrome as my text editor on your question. After you commit the text. You can movee and edit the text layer.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I'm not exactly sure what or how you mean when use say "Use Chrome as the text editor" I've been copying the text I wish to use directly from MS Word. Could you clarify a bit more please? Oh..and thanks for including the pics of the screen. I might also mention that the photo I'm using only occupies a litte more than half of the what background layer which I had created first -before dragging in the photo to occupy that top half sectionScoundrel Poster 2PIC Shrunk.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MS word would be your text editor you use to copy text from word into the system clipboard.  I  used Google's Chrome Browser to copy text from your append into the system clipboard. Once the text is in the clipboard. You use Photoshop Text tool and Paste the clipboard text content into Photoshop text tools input area.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! It's just a simple poster and I'm embaraased that I've forgotten some of the most basic tasks I learned back in Photoshop 6. something. Have a great afternoon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines