• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspective Warp tool does not work.

Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to adjust the horizontal plane in the middle of a photograph so that it is truly horizontal. I want the sky line to stay the way it is. I want to adjust the shore-line in the middle of the photo so that it is truly horizontal. So, I am using the Perspective Warp tool. However, once I insert the Perspective Warp lines and hit the Enter button, nothing changes. The Warp lines disappear, and the photo does not change at all. How do I get the Warp lines to make the changes? I can't get the Perspective Warp tool to actually make any changes to the image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Hi

Place your grid in Layout mode then , in the options bar switch to Warp mode and move the grid. Then hit enter or press the tick button.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Place your grid in Layout mode then , in the options bar switch to Warp mode and move the grid. Then hit enter or press the tick button.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greets!

Having an issue myself with Perspective Warp (Photoshop v.20.0.5/ Windows 10 Pro 1803 b.17134.885 x64/ dual Xeon CPU's - E-5 2670's @ 2.60GHz - 8 cores each/ 64GB RAM/... The tool seems to have all functionality, but I just get a square box, I do not get the 9 section, segmented grid, just a 4-sided box... I have been through every FAQ & tips, I can't find anyone having experienced this same issue... Like I said, I can work with it, but there are times aligning to an image would be much more precise if I had the grid. Anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah no it does not work at all. Following your instructions nothing happens to the actual image. I can add and move and place the warp but nothing is the result. Really bad UX and user ability from Adobe (yet again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I am having trouble with Perspective Warp. When I choose Edit > Perspective Warp,  I do not see layout or warp modes in my options bar, so how does it work in Photoshop Version 20.08 on a mac?where are the layout / warp options?where are the layout / warp options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works the same way, but it looks like you have the narrow options bar enabled in preferences, so you have symbols for those functions instead of words.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Esther5C9F_0-1654713642277.png

Hello do you know why my perspective warp dosent work

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. And the suggested solution makes no sense.

With the layer I want to change selected, I go to Edit>Perspective Warp.

The cursor changes to the perspective warp tool, and the object I previously selected (the layer I want to warp), becomes UNselected. The options menu opens at the top. The options menu is set to "layout." The undo, cancel, and check are "available" but the other tools (the various lines, home...) are greyed out. 

I place the cursor where I want the object to go and manipulate the corners until the box is the shape I want the finished layer to be. Then I hit "warp" and move the image. But it cuts off the image, like there's an invisible mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines