Highlighted

Photoshop 2020. Can´t see the toolbar (File, edit and so on)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can´t see the toolbar (File, edit and so on) after I updated Potoshop to it´s 2020 version.

Photoshop.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Semaphoric-PLXibM | Adobe Community Professional

One thing that's worked for a couple of people with this issue is checking if you have multiple graphics drivers installed, like, say, an Intel and Nvidia, and deactivate the Intel one.

Topics

Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020. Can´t see the toolbar (File, edit and so on)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can´t see the toolbar (File, edit and so on) after I updated Potoshop to it´s 2020 version.

Photoshop.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Semaphoric-PLXibM | Adobe Community Professional

One thing that's worked for a couple of people with this issue is checking if you have multiple graphics drivers installed, like, say, an Intel and Nvidia, and deactivate the Intel one.

Topics

Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2019 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the start/home workspace covering Photoshop UI. You can disable that in your Photoshop Preferences I do. The workspace does not have a tool bar or tool option bar  on windows though I can see Photoshop menu bar.  On a Mac I can not tell what you may see  Mac OSX has a desktop option the Window's does  not have  to hide an application frame believe].

image.png

image.png

However, I did have a Problem After I allowed it to show to get a screen capture for you.  When I unchecked show home workspace and restarted 2020 the Home workspace still opened.  I had to restore the backup I made for my 2020 Photoshop preferences to get rid of it. Adobe PS had the problem in some older PS also.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellow. Thank´s for your reply. 

I know I can edit the preferences, but in order to do so I need toclick on "Edit", but as you can see that option isnt available. That is in deed my problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not read screen captures posted here this site reduces the size to much. If you open a file in the home screen that workspace should close. And you workspace should open.  Make sure you display driver is up to date and your running a supported Windows version for PS 2020 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you use the Alt key, like Alt+E+N, or for the Prefs, Ctrl+K?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Semaphoric-PLXibM.

Now I could open the preferences panel, but I couldn't find the way to show the top bar.Photoshop.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sort of looks like there's a browser window overlaying the Photoshop window. I see you have Chrome open; what happens if you close bothe Chrome and Photoshop, and then start Photoshop again without Chrome running?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried what you proposed but that is not the problem. In this video maybe you can better appreciated the problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like maybe there's some odd interaction with the Windows API? I can see your desktop through the border of the application frame, and the splash screen looks off, too.

What happens if you click on the Photoshop logo in the upper left corner?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what happens. When I click on the Photoshop icon this is what appears:

Photoshop 2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same issue, do you have a solution to this yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your workspace. It looks like your home Home workspace has become un-docked and is covering most of Photoshop's main window.   I tried very hard to un-dock it on me machine however, all I  cah do is toggle it on and off and it is docked when visible.  I  do not normally use it. Its  Home icon in PS 2020 on the left end of the Tool option bar,  in  previous releases I disable it there not even  an Icon toggle for the home workspace.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I just fixed it. what I did was update the driver of my computers graphic card. After I reseted my computer I uninstalled Photoshop and installed it again. And that was it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact issue, too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. Ok. I will try

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I finally did it

What I did was update the driver of my computers graphic card. After I reseted my computer I uninstalled Photoshop and installed it again. And that was it.

Thanks for your help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 0
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's working!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue. I want to update my driver, but I don´t know how. Could you help me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. First you must identify what video card your computer has. Then you can update it from the software that controls the graphics card or go to its website and look for the latest driver developed for it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 0