• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 crashing after installing HP nvme ssd on a Windows PC

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got my new hp500 GB nvme SSD, installed all my work apps.
hp ex900 500gb m.2 pcie 3.0 x4 nvme

this drive does not have onboard ram or something like that and uses your dedicated ram instead. 
When using photoshop illustrator and chrome that 16gb goes pretty fast, add this dive to the mix and you have no ram left. 

So when trying to mask in photoshop it pretty much will crash 100% of the time. 

The only way I can fix this problem is to restart my machine after every day or get more ram. 
And I know this is the issue because I was using an el-cheapo 240bg SSD and don't seem to remember photoshop crashing as much. 
And I have to monitor my ram more closely since the drive. 

Just a heads up to anyone with the same drive having ram issues. 

(Thread title edited by moderator)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see nothing to say that this SSD uses your RAM. (Video cards might use your RAM, however). The SSD you linked includes 500GB of SSD memory in the usual way. 16 GB is barely enough memory for Photoshop on large files, but it should be OK if you don't try to run other apps at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way if Photoshop says you are out of RAM you might not have enough disk space or your Photoshop memory settings might be wrong (for example, too much RAM given to Photoshop). To help with this issue please share your Photoshop memory settings, free disk space on all drives, and exact error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. In addition to what has been mentioned, please ensure you have all the available Windows, BIOS and driver updates installed on the computer.

You can also try to optimize the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

This may help with the overall performance of the app.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines