• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 will no longer open

Explorer ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I'm on MacOS 10.15.7.  I was working on a document, shut down the computer, and when I rebooted later found that Photoshop will no longer open.

Attempts to open it generate an immediate error report saying: "Adobe Photoshop 2021 has encountered an error and needs to close."  Details say: Process Adobe Photoshop 2021 [839]... Crashed thread 11 GPU Sniffer Launcher ... Exception Type EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)... Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000000004e0... Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY... Termination Signal: Segmentation fault:11... Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb....

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get PS up and running again?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the latest version has some bugs it causes trouble I suggest you remove it using the adobe clean remove tool and install the 2020 version is more stable...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - I am using Photoshop version 22.31 and it will no longer open. Is 22.31 the current version or the 2020 one that you mention? Do you have a version # for the recommended 2020 one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, I feel you, and I really don't want to guess what is going on (my imagination is not nice, sorry).

But... try to do a command-option-P-R reboot; once the reboot is successful, don't start PS yet, check your drives (like open, randomly see if you can read a file, any files), Google something, anything, to make sure your internet is working, then, go for coffee, or go take a nap.  Come back and see if you can start up your Photoshop again.  Sometimes, Catalina has a way to repair herself.

OK, I can't help it... but, what I'm going to say is illogical, angry, up-set... and probably wrong... but... in the last 15 years, everytime Apple comes out with a new OS-X thing, in 6 months time, if you have not upgraded yet, something crazy happens to your computers... It's almost like a conspiracy to force you to upgrade... (to Big Sur????  I have not heard Adobe give the green light... I dare not upgrade. You know what I mean? )  I know, I am sorry... I need more coffee... Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the same operating system and having the same problem - it is driving me crazy and I have work to do - any solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  It started a few days ago.  I'd love to know a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines