• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop (21.2.4) won't re-open after crash on macOS 10.15.7

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Since my recent update to the latest Catalina version (10.15.7) ALL Adobe CC appications are behaving strange. It always starts with a force quit of Photoshop (latest Versino 21.2.4) as it stops responding. From this moment on every other CC application freezes too. And I can't even restart them.

The Icons starts jumping in the dock though, but nothing happens. I have to restart my computer.

I reinstalled PS, AI, INDD, PR, AE… nothing worked so far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Daniel

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for the update. Could you please submit the crash logs along with your email address? It helps us to identify the exact root cause of the problem. Here's how you submit the crash logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Also, I would recommend you, use the Adobe Cleaner tool to uninstall the not working Adobe products, restart your machine and reinstall the product one by one via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Adobe Cleaner tool download lin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We’re sorry the trouble with Photoshop. Please ensure you have Photoshop added to the Accessibility list for your Mac. If not, please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left and check if you see Photoshop in the list with a check mark infront of it. If you don't, please add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking on the + sign and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access. Once done, restart your Mac to check if that helps.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikunj,

RE: Photoshop (21.2.4) won't re-open after crash on macOS 10.15.7 -- I'm having this same issue. Cannot open Photoshop.

I took the steps you recommended regarding permissions, restarted my computer and PS still won't even open.

Please advise!

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble. Would you mind confirming if you have tried re-installing the app and resetting the preferences as suggested earlier?

Are you getting an error while trying to launch Photoshop or nothing happens?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did! In fact, I uninstalled and reinstalled again this morning and then checked the permission for Accessibility and Full Disk Access. I also reset the preferences. The application won't open completely. It starts to open then stalls. Here is a screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 11.32.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the update. Could you please submit the crash logs along with your email address? It helps us to identify the exact root cause of the problem. Here's how you submit the crash logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Also, I would recommend you, use the Adobe Cleaner tool to uninstall the not working Adobe products, restart your machine and reinstall the product one by one via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Adobe Cleaner tool download link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally! After using the cleaner tool and reinstalling, I'm now able to open Photoshop. 

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines