Copy link to clipboard
Long story short :
- I unfortunately updated to latest Photoshop 22.1, as recommended by Adobe
- I lost the red brush hardness preview (nightmare begins, this is a deal breaker!)
- After hours of investigation, it appears to be a known bug, unresolved since many weeks (!) and the only recommended workaround is to downgrade to Photoshop 22.0, which I did.
- Now I realize that I have lost all my actions, settings and presets (nightmare continues!)
How can I recover them?
I have access to an online backup of my Windows 10 computer.
Are you asked to remove preferences during installation? If yes and you checked that option then difficult to recover them without rolling back. Otherwise check this thread for solution https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/after-update-to-cc-2017-i-lost-all-my-actions/m-p/8637819?p...
I was not asked to remove preferences, but they were removed. Maybe because of the unusual downgrade.
Unfortunately Edit > Presets > Migrate Presets did not work for me.
I don't know if this is wrong, but I managed to manually copy files from:
- <cloud backup>\...\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings
- <computer>\...\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings
and it seems to work.
Thanks for your help.
I can't believe all the precious time I wasted because of the 22.1 update. This is really frustrating from Adobe.