• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.1 nightmare continues: I lost all my actions, settings and presets!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short : 

- I unfortunately updated to latest Photoshop 22.1, as recommended by Adobe

- I lost the red brush hardness preview (nightmare begins, this is a deal breaker!)

- After hours of investigation, it appears to be a known bug, unresolved since many weeks (!) and the only recommended workaround is to downgrade to Photoshop 22.0, which I did.

- Now I realize that I have lost all my actions, settings and presets (nightmare continues!)

How can I recover them? 

I have access to an online backup of my Windows 10 computer.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asked to remove preferences during installation? If yes and you checked that option then difficult to recover them without rolling back. Otherwise check this thread for solution https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/after-update-to-cc-2017-i-lost-all-my-actions/m-p/8637819?p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bojan,

I was not asked to remove preferences, but they were removed.  Maybe because of the unusual downgrade. 

Unfortunately Edit > Presets > Migrate Presets did not work for me. 

I don't know if this is wrong, but I managed to manually copy files from:

- <cloud backup>\...\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings

to:

- <computer>\...\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings

and it seems to work.

Thanks for your help.

I can't believe all the precious time I wasted because of the 22.1 update.  This is really frustrating from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines