• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop add texture to my photos

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. I'm a professional photographer, but a few weeks ago I started to have an issue in Photoshop after one of the latest upgrades. I develop an image in Lightroom without noise or any other texture, but as soon as I opened in Photoshop for a few edits, it shows the picture with A LOT of texture, almost like grain. When I open the picture in any other software, even from Adobe, doesn't show that texture! What can I do to fix that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Having Cache levels set to less than 4 has been known to cause graininess in some cases.

Edit > Preferences > Performance > Cache levels.

Another thing to try is to disable the graphics processor in the same tab of Preferences.

image_2021-03-29_091311.png

In the future, please insert images directly in your posts, use the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

Insert-photos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add a couple of screenshots showing the difference between Lightroom and Photoshop with both set to 100% zoom

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very weird. Why not try opening the RAW image directly to Photoshop (after adjusting it in RAW)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Along with the screenshots, can you tell us what version of Photoshop and Lightroom you are using? Also, it would be helpful to know what platform (Mac or Windows) and what operating system you are using?

Thanks,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelle, thank you for your andwer. I´m using Lightroom 10.1.1 and Photoshop 22.2.0, under Windows 10.

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again,

I just looked at the Screen shots --thanks for posting them. Are you doing any sharpening in Lightroom?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's the RAW file...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you move from Lightroom to Photoshop ? Was it Lightroom's Edit in Photoshop or another method?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, thank you for your answer and interest!

From Lightroom I go straight to Edit in Photoshop...

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the Photoshop version is oversharpened but I can't see why that would happen if all you have done is gone straight from Lightroom to PS using "Edit in Photoshop". One last check - can you switch to the Develop module in Lightroom again at 100%. Does that look the same as the Lightroom preview or the same as the Photoshop version?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, exactly the same as in the Library module. And when I opne the picture in any other program it looks just like in Lightroom, so I guess the problem is Photoshop... And when I export the images and I check them in other program, they looks ok!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry but I'm a bit stumped as to why Edit in Photoshop would alter the image like that. I can't replicate it here.  I'll watch this thread to see if anyone else has any ideas and if I think of anything else I'll jump back in.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave! I think I'm going to uninstall it tonight and then install it again and see what happends...

Thank you again for your interest!

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

I'm with Dave, I've not seen this before. I just have one more question--do you have any automated settings in Lightroom that automatically apply when you export from LR to PS? That definitely looks like Sharpening is being added.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to replicate this issue on my computer.

Has it resolved since you did the uninstall and reinstall?

Do you have any additional Pbotoshop plugins? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having Cache levels set to less than 4 has been known to cause graininess in some cases.

Edit > Preferences > Performance > Cache levels.

Another thing to try is to disable the graphics processor in the same tab of Preferences.

image_2021-03-29_091311.png

In the future, please insert images directly in your posts, use the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

Insert-photos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per, thanks you SO much for your help!!! I set the Cache Level to 6 and disable the Graphics processor, and now it's perfect!!! No texture added at all, just like in Lightroom!!!

That's why I LOVE Adobe and all the comunnity around us!!!

And THANK YOU to every person who tried to help me!

Have a great day!!!Cache Graphics and Ram.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Thanks for letting us know that Per's suggestion worked!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines