• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Artboard Cropping

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked through the post but can't seem to find an answer to my question. Maybe I am using the wrong search words. 

All the stuff I am finding is about the canvas. 

I want to easily remove all content outside the artboard. In my artboard I created a layer. The layer has an image. The image has been transformed and is not bigger than the artboard. I want to crop away all the content that extends beyard the artboard. 

I have tried selecting the artboard group in the layers panel and then use the crop tool. That draws a new artboard. (odd)

I have tried selecting the artboard group in the layers panel and then select all and then crop from the Image menu. That did not do delete the ccontent outside the edge of the artboard. 

I have tried selecting the artboard group in the layers panel and using the marquee tool do the same as above. 

I have tried selecting the layer in the artboard group containing content that extends beyond the artboard and repeated the above. I was unable to delete the content outside the edge of the artboard. 

What I ended up doing was using the eraser tool and just trying to swipe around or performing a select all and copy then paste to a new layer. This is very time consuming.

So, am I missing somthing? Is there a setting or a process I am missing? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to select the crop tool. Just select the artboard and resize it like any other object. Make sure you keep the transformation controls visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines