Highlighted

Photoshop Auto Tone, Auto Contrast & Auto Colour fades image out

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021. When I go to the image drop down and click on either Auto Tone, Auto Contrast ot Auto Colour it fades out the image I'm trying to edit. Can you advise how to get it working correctly. 

Thank you John

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Auto Tone, Auto Contrast & Auto Colour fades image out

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021. When I go to the image drop down and click on either Auto Tone, Auto Contrast ot Auto Colour it fades out the image I'm trying to edit. Can you advise how to get it working correctly. 

Thank you John

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post before and after examples? Maybe the original image is too punchy to begin with, so it's toning it down.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I replied to the email notification and think that may go as text only. Sorry, if you recieve this twiceBefore After.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences. It looks like, somehow, you set custom auto tone values. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try resetting the default values in levels. Open an image and use levels. When the dialog box opens, click on the options button. Click on the shadow swatch under target color and clipping, and make sure the value is 0 for all colors. Then click on the highlight swatch and make sure the color is 255 for all colors. Then click the set as default checkbox.

auto-tone.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0