Photoshop bounces back and forth between saturated and muted colors

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the middle of working on both CMYK or RGB images, the photoshop interface will suddenly display a muted/unsaturated version of my document.

It only happens while I'm actually working on the document. If I save out the graphic (even while it's displayed as the muted version) the saved file will look fine. Sometimes I'll just keep working on the document and photoshop will unexpectedly revert back to the fully saturated version - but not always. When it doesn't revert back, simply closing out the document and reopening it magically fixes the problem every time.

This only happens within photoshop. I haven't had any other color issues like this in any other program.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop bounces back and forth between saturated and muted colors

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the middle of working on both CMYK or RGB images, the photoshop interface will suddenly display a muted/unsaturated version of my document.

It only happens while I'm actually working on the document. If I save out the graphic (even while it's displayed as the muted version) the saved file will look fine. Sometimes I'll just keep working on the document and photoshop will unexpectedly revert back to the fully saturated version - but not always. When it doesn't revert back, simply closing out the document and reopening it magically fixes the problem every time.

This only happens within photoshop. I haven't had any other color issues like this in any other program.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 02, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you have been switching "Proof Colours" on/off  by accident (Ctrl+Y on Windows)

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As clumsy as I am, I won't rule that out. However, I feel I haven't noticed any pattern for when the color shifts happen.

I'll keep any eye out for the possibility that maybe I've been mistakenly hitting "command+Y" when I attempt to transform an object with "command+T".

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2018 0
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it happens again it is easily checked by hitting Ctrl+Y and see if it switches back.

Let us know either way

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2018 2
Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's pretty much the only possible explanation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same thing.  I just started my creative cloud subscription and noticed it right away when looking at a portrait.  Although for me it doesn't shift to desaturate or mute... it shifts to suddenly oversaturate.  Which of course is frustrating because it causes your eyes to sort of bug out.  Definitely need consistent color when working on fine detail color balancing.

It seems to do this when I am shifting viewing modes.  Not touching any other keys.. not changing any profiles.  But simply hitting the F button on a mac to toggle between full screen mode and the work screen. 

The only thing I can think of is that this is because it is cloud based software and is depending on internet?  Maybe a lull in processing power?  I have no idea.  It's odd that only one other person is experiencing this here. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 1
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 0
Ann5F9C LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Its when I toggle on the F Key the saturation and contrast changes.

I tried looking at all shortcuts and in window settings but cant figure out.

It drives me nuts as I am a digital painter and color is most important.

Any way to fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0