• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Brush Tool works different with mouse on Mac and Pen on Wacom

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I draw with my mouse with the Brush tool it all works fine. But when I want to continue on my wacom and use my pro pen 2, brush type becomes completely different from what I draw with mouse. Size is different, opacity is different, I mean its not even the same brush.

I tried to re-install the wacom drive, re-install photoshop etc. Nothing seems to work!

I bought this tablet just to make drawings and I CANT!

I would appreciate your help....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A Wacom tablet and pen are pressure sensitive so it's not going to work the same as a mouse, have you checked the brush settings

If you need it to work like a mouse just turn off Pen Pressure, but that defeats the purpose of having a Wacom tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I mean It works as a completely different brush. I tried all settings with pen sensitivty doesnt fix the problem.

Lets say I choose a watercolur effect brush and draw with my mouse with color red. It works perfect with my mouse. Then I turn to my tablet use my pen draw a line and its not water colour brush, its not even RED? Somehow brush presets change automaticly between the mouse and pen ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It show work different then your mouse if your using your wcocom in pen mode.  Your pen has features your mouse does not have and Photoshop Brush engine will use these features.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I mean It works as a completely different brush. Lets say I choose a watercolur effect brush and draw with my mouse with color red. Ä°t works perfect with mouse. Then I turn to my tablet use my pen draw a line and its not water colour brush, its not even RED? Somehow brush presets change automaticly between the mouse and pen ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen capture that show the Photoshop switches brush and brush settings depending on what device you use.  Photoshop should not switch brush setting because of device used.  I have never seen Photoshop do something like that. What OS,  what version of Photoshop and what Wacom device driver are you using. Post your Photoshop menu Help>system info...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been facing the same issue, has there been a resolve to this? i dont want to keep switchiing to legacy mode each time i use my pen. 

Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you might be holding it upside down i had the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines