• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop can't open Iphone 11 Pro .Jpg file but Windows Foto can

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have a Windows 10 PC where I've downloaded the new HEVC codec.

I've received some files, taken with an Iphone 11 Pro in .Jpg format, that I can open in Dropbox and in windows Foto, but I can't with Photoshop.

I always get the message: "Could not complete your request because of a program error"

To be honest I have the same problem with CaptureOne where I can't see any of these files.

I'm not understanding why, I've got no problem converting the iPhone pictures from HEVC to JPG, but with these .jpg I can't do anything.

PS Photoshop and camera raw are updated, I had the same problem with the previous version and I've tried the update just to see if anything changes, but no luck. 

Thanks for the support.

Christian

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Thanks for the help, I've resolved the issue and it wasn't Adobe related.

The person who sent over the files sent me HEVC files but manually renamed in .jpg.

That was the issue.

Best regards,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could not complete your request because of a program error" is pretty generic, unfortunately. You could give the 'Program Error Diagnostic Plugin' for Photoshop a try:
» https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html#plugin

Follow the steps as written on that Help page and paste the resulting error stack as a reply here.

By the way: If you've installed both the HEIF and HEVC codecs, Photoshop should be able to open .heic files just fine without the need of converting them into e.g. JPG first.
» https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/ps-heic-codec.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, I've resolved the issue and it wasn't Adobe related.

The person who sent over the files sent me HEVC files but manually renamed in .jpg.

That was the issue.

Best regards,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The panel does not dissapear after step 6: select 'photoshop user diagnostics from the plugin menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines