• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2014: how to dock the floating Options bar?

Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Photoshoppers,

Anyone know how to dock the Options bar in PS CC 2014? When I open it for the first time, it floats. I tried looking this up online and can't find a solution. I figure it can't be rocket science.

kind regards,

-c

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

?

Can you take the Options panel by the left-most "grip" and slowly drag it to the bottom-most border of the menu bar? It should turn blue to indicate docking. Release and it should dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window menu > Workspace > Reset (Workspace name).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

god bless you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to try is on the right side of the option bar is a pull down menu. Two items up from the bottom is a item

"reset  "Current Workspace"" try clicking that.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried resetting the current workspace, but the Options bar is still floating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Can you take the Options panel by the left-most "grip" and slowly drag it to the bottom-most border of the menu bar? It should turn blue to indicate docking. Release and it should dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's would you'd think would happen, since the other panels, including the Tools behave that way. However, when I tried to drag it below the Menu, nothing happens. I even tried some keyboard modifiers (hold CNTRL or ALT, etc, in different combinations).

This is a pretty unnecessary feature, in my opinion. Plus, it should be docked by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. It works for me:

options.gif

Is there some kind of video driver weirdness going on, maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let's go for a Preferences Reset.

Windows - CTRL-SHIFT-ALT immediately after you double-click the PS icon.

Macintosh - CMD-SHIFT-OPTION immediately after you double-click the PS icon.

Wait for the "Delete Photoshop Settings" dialog, release the keys and click "Yes"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Undock the tool bar so it floats also. Then doc the option bar then dock the tools bar.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

God bless you! This is the only thing that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out what I was doing wrong. When I tried to drag the bar down below the Menu, I wasn't dragging if far enough and was probably just shy of making the blue indicator light up, so that's why it wasn't working for me. Anyway, it's all sorted now, thanks to everyone's help.

-c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome.

It can be finicky if you don't go slow enough. I should have noted in my screenshot that where the "grip" of the Options bar and the bottom of the menu bar intersect is where my mouse cursor was as that's how the blue indicator lights up to indicate docking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah!  I didn't know the Options bar could be undocked.  Not that I can think of a reason for doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As they say, "Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines