• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015.5 Doesn't Recognize CR2 files? [OSX]

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated photoshop CC 2015.5 (v 17.0.2) through my creative cloud and now I can't open CR2 files. When I click Photoshop CC-- About Plugin-- Camera Raw, a pop up comes up and says "Could not complete the Camera Raw command because the file was not found." Why am I suddenly unable to open this file type/why is the plugin suddenly gone? Is there a way to revert back to before the update so that I can open this file type again?? When I look in my installed apps on my creative cloud page, it says that I have Camera Raw CC (v 9.6.1) downloaded.

I tried downloading camera raw 10.5 and 11.3 from here (Camera Raw plug-in installer ) but it won't let me because it requires OSX version 10.11 or later. I am honestly not good with computers/don't understand any of this, I just need to edit these photos for my business. Someone please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version if ACR is:

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click Help--About Plug Ins--Camera Raw, I get a pop up telling me "Could not complete the Camera Raw command because the file was not found."

I am guessing that when I updated the app the plugin was somehow deleted?

Also Jeff- I am using mac OSX version 10.9.5 and my camera is a a Canon EOS REBEL T5i

Thanks for your patience, I don't know much about any of this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the camera raw 9.6.1 installer. It's the newest camera raw that will install on mac os x 10,9

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/PhotoshopCameraRaw8-8.0/9.6.147/setup.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 11.36.43 PM.png

When I go to my creative cloud it is saying that I already have this version and that it's up to date though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the 9.6.1 install i linked to. That should reinstall the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 11.49.45 PM.png

I downloaded and got this, when i viewed the error log it said

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

I found this explanation but have no idea what it means ("Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates )

I have no clue what a 1.0 folder is 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model and year of mac do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on your desktop, click Go, click Go to Folder, paste the following /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/File Formats and click Go, do you see a Camera Raw.plugin?

gtf.png

gtf2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder is not found, there is no Plug ins Folder in the Adobe folder. I have a macbook pro from 2014. Is there a way that I can revert back to the previous version of Photoshop 2015.5 before the update?? My creative cloud shows that I have Photoshop 2015 but it is nowhere on my computer...yet when I click it it gives me an option to uninstall. I went through all of these steps to show old versions of apps on my creative cloud but it didn't work and I'm not seeing any options to use/reinstall old versions. Thank you for helping so much-- I am extremely confused and frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 12.40.56 AM.png

When I said "yet when I click it it gives me an option to uninstall" I meant when I click the dots next to Photoshop CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click Open does photoshop run?

If you go to your Applications folder do you see any adobe photoshop folders and inside the folders is there a

Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5.app or Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not be able to solve this problem without upgrading your mac to a newer macOS so you can run a newer version of photoshop.

macOS - How to Upgrade - Apple

You see adobe has recently discontinued support for photoshop cc versions older than photoshop cc 2017 (18.1.7)

And by discontinued support i mean adobe removed all public links to download those older versions of photoshop cc, so

that could be the reason the update CC 2015.5 (v 17.0.2) you tried to install got messed up, since adobe doesn't want users using those older versions. They now call those older versions cc thru 2015.5 "unauthorized".

There is more info in this thread:

Where to find Photoshop CC 18.1.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all of your help, I appreciate it. I think that I probably will just need to update my mac and get a newer version of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS/OS X are you using?

Which model canon camera are the cr2 files from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines