Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc 2017 keyboard shortcut problems

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just got Photoshop installed on my MacBook Pro 2016 but I'm having some issues with the keyboard shortcuts. The main problem I'm having is that certain keyboard shortcuts just aren't responding. For example, when I go to move a layer by pressing the command key, the icon for the move tool appears and then disappears. So it doesn't move the layer and doesn't even recognize that I've hit the shortcut for the move tool. Instead, I've been using 'v' as one of the expresskeys on my Intuos pro.

Another problem is when I go to use the lasso tool. I'll hit the 'L' key and it will bring up the lasso tool without an issue. I can select anything but when I hold shift or option to either add or subtract from the selection, the icon appears and disappears just like with the move tool and doesn't do anything.

I wasn't sure if they changed the shortcuts but it doesn't make sense why the icon would appear for a split second.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with my laptop, my tablet, or Photoshop. Everything is up to date so maybe apple still needs to fix some bugs with the new laptop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Indeed...I also tried to edit previous with reference to new 2016 MBP w/touch-bar and PS2017CC latest version up.

When I switched from the Air to this MBP, I installed the latest driver for the Wacom - "MacOSX - Driver 6.3.19-6 (Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, & 10.12)" which is when the issues started. I found older version "Mac OS X - Driver 6.3.17-5 (10.9x - 10.11x)" which is the one I used in the Air and didn't stumble onto any issues at all.

But keep in mind, I need to run further tests to see whats n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the White Window issue.  You certainly ticked several of the criteria.

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I'll have to try the plugin! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Trevor, thanks for the hint, but it’s not the White Window issue. That problem was affecting Photoshop CC 2013 and CS6 only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. The plugin only works with "Photoshop CC (2013) and CS6 only"
Still haven't found the answer to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too... I add that to me it happens also when using the ctrl+alt shortcut to resize the brush tool, the cmd+spacebar for when I zoom, and most annoying of all to the alt key when using the cloning stamp tool. I’ve been freaking out for 2 days now and still can’t find a solution. It looks like the tablet driver is overriding the PS shortcut. If anyone have a solution please HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what its worth, and I'm running a new MBP and a Wacom Intuos Pro small, PS2017CC...I just replaced the current Wacom driver to an older version and some of the functionality immediately came back. The one that was particularly annoying was the inability to resize brush and hardness with the option/control and pen drag. That works again! I ran out of time last night to test everything else but believe this older driver, that I was using on my previous Air which worked great will help with many of the issues.

Cheers

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Bob,

Could you state the Wacom driver version that works and the one that does not?

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed...I also tried to edit previous with reference to new 2016 MBP w/touch-bar and PS2017CC latest version up.

When I switched from the Air to this MBP, I installed the latest driver for the Wacom - "MacOSX - Driver 6.3.19-6 (Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, & 10.12)" which is when the issues started. I found older version "Mac OS X - Driver 6.3.17-5 (10.9x - 10.11x)" which is the one I used in the Air and didn't stumble onto any issues at all.

But keep in mind, I need to run further tests to see whats now working and what possibly isn't...but its a start at least.

And my mac OS is 10.12...

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Bob. Will definitely try your workaround later tonight.

By the way I'm using a Wacom Intuos Photo (no Pro version) on a Mid-2014 15" MBP with oSX 12,2. Photoshop CC 2017.

I will let everybody know if this method worked for me too as soon as I will try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, to all users in the thread, please state if you are using a Wacom tablet, the version of the driver, and if you are using a MBP 2016, and the latest -December- version of Photoshop CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues on a late 2015 iMac (OS 10.12.2). I am using PSCC2017 and a Wacom Intuos Pro Medium (Driver 6.3.19-6). I am having issues with the Cntrl, Opt, and Command keys not working with the tablet. They work just fine with my mouse and trackpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

If you have the time, I'd be very curious as to the response with the older driver from Wacom on your iMac. I will be spending more time to-nite as well but early checks are better than what it was as with the newest driver its relatively unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled the new wacom driver and reinstalled the old driver for the tablet and it all works like a champ. all of the tools and shortcuts are back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

That's great news and I expect with further testing to-nite, I will get the same results. Thx very much for the update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm too that installing the previous driver now everything works like a charm! Big thanks to bobs90121430 for the solution!!!

Happy Christmas/Winter Holidays to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear its working for everyone. I also checked numerous functions last nite and it all seems ok again...now we all wait for Wacom to correct the issues with the latest drivers..

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. Peace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I just uninstalled the latest driver and installed the driver before that and everything works again!

So I'm using the Intuos Pro Driver 6.3.15-1 (10.8x- 10.11x), macOS Sierra Version 10.12.2 on the new 2016 MacBook Pro 15 inch, and Photoshop CC 2017, the latest version.

Thank you guys so much for looking into it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem with a new Macbook Pro and Illustrator as well as Photoshop, keyboard command shortcuts  are not working. I tried installing a previous version of the driver for a Bamboo Create CTH-470 but the os Sierra does not recognise it. Anyone found any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines