• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHOTOSHOP CC 2019 - Could not save because of a program error.

Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deets

MacBook Pro 2017

macOS Mojave 10.14.1

PHOTOSHOP cc 2019

Hi, I am running into issues when trying to convert my .PSD project files to .PDF files.

Any insight as to what specifically is the issue would be greatly appreciate.

Note: Please be so kind as to refrain from offering WORKAROUND options, as I have many to choose from, I'm just trying to figure out the specific cause of these to seemingly related issues and how to fix them, as they are standing in the way of my preferred workflow process.

Goal #1: to save my .PSD project file directly as a .PDF file within photoshop.

Steps: With my .PSD project file open, I select "File" > "Save As" > (from the format drop-down menu, I select "Photoshop PDF" > click "Save"

On the next window, I UNcheck "Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities" > Click "Save PDF"

Error #1 Received: Could not save because of a program error.

Goal #2: to save several .PSD project files directly as one combined .PDF file within photoshop.

Steps: With several .PSD projects files open, I select "File" > "Automate" > "PDF Presentation..." > I check off "add open files">
>I select the open files I want to merge > "Multi-Page Document" is checked off > I click "Save"

>On the next window, I UNcheck "Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities" > Click "Save PDF"

Error #2 Received: Could not complete your request because of a program error.

Error Code: The following line I found in in one of the photoshop files in the Library folder (I forget the exact path where I found it.)

2019:01:04 18:25:20 : /Users/esbuilder/Jenkins/PS/PS20/Mac_Release/20181029.r.41/photoshop/main/photoshop/interfaces/UTrackResourceImp.h
: 134 : REQUIRE failed

Thank you for reading this. Any help or insights on what is causing this error and how to resolve it would be greatly appreciated. : )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you run into this issue before CC2019?

lets try one of these steps in order:

1- under Preferences settings -> performance

check use legacy compositing

restart photoshop, and try saving pdf

2- if the step above did not work out ,

reset the preference settings under:

photoshop -> preferences-> general

reset preferences on quit , restart ps and try saving

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the prompt response. I tried both those steps with no success.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error as the OP.

Save As -> Photoshop PDF -> Compression -> Options: Do Not Downsample -> Compression: None -> Save PDF -> "Could not save as "...." because of a program error."

I haven't had issues before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

option 1 helped me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update!

I was able to solve Error #1 which seemed to go away when I deleted one of the text layers I had.

However, I have no idea as to how or why this action got rid of the error. And I would still like to better understand it

so I can avoid this in the future.

Also, I still have yet to solve error #2.

On a side down, I tried downgrading from Photoshop cc 2019 to Photoshop cc 2017

Which had no effect on either error.

if anyone has any insight on these errors, please be so kind as to share.

Thanks! : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update #2 -

As it turns out deleting that one specific text layer on all my PSD files and then

cutting and pasting the text from the bad layer into a new text layer on each PSD file, seems to have solved both problems.

I am now able to automate all the PSD profiles into 1 PDF Presentation. yay!

So now, I know what element caused the problem, and how to fix it. I just have no idea why it happened or how to prevent it in the future. 1. Any ideas on what or why it happened?

2. In addition, the only issue I am now facing from this, is one line of text seems to be misaligned in the final PDF

although it's perfectly aligned in the PSD project file. Any ideas on how to get it to generate a PDF with text alignment

that's consistent to the PSD project file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was just having the same thing on mine. (Turned out to be the text layer too)

Not sure if this was the same thing on yours, but I had all other text layer vertical scales set to150%, and then just one at 100%. 

The conflicting %'s is what kept causing the error.

Every time I make the layers the same value, it saves without any issues. Moment I turn them back to different ones, I cant save the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all you have to do is create a blank layer and then save the photo it will be saved i was suprised when this worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, not sure if you're stilling have this issue but i was, i just took bits and pieces from what people have said and this way worked for me, so select everything on photoshop in the layers tab, make sure everything is selected, right click and click duplicate, then make sure its dublicated to NEW, then it should make a duplicate of your whole PS file onto a new document, then save it on the new document, also if that doesnt work try saving it as a PSB format rather than PSD if its a large project. 

Hope this helps, all the best in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU @calquat. Duplicating the layers as a NEW document and then saving worked perfectly. You saved me an entire day's worth of work that PS refused to save initially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have having this issue when using (sometiems) a saved action. I have tried to create a blank layer and include that in the action and I get the same issue. It's not on all files that I get this saving issue. I was wondering if there is an update for it recently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines