• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop cc 2019 options bar is missing Please help

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My option bare just vanished?.. I was working on a photo, then closed Photoshop when I reopened photoshop and the Options panel for the tools was gone.   I have tried to find an answer online and have followed all possible suggestions that I could find, from resetting my default workspace to small screen option. I have tried everything possible. Options are checked on in the windows dropdown menu.

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 4.22.40 PM.png

It's selected but doesn't show up at all. I have tried turning it off restarting photoshop and turning it back on and nothing.

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 4.22.50 PM.png

Please help. This is very important and time sensitive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Go to the Window menu > Workspace > Essentials, then

Window menu > Workspace > Reset Essentials to reset the workspace.

Is it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Window menu > Workspace > Essentials, then

Window menu > Workspace > Reset Essentials to reset the workspace.

Is it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!!! It worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm so glad that you are up and running quickly!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Had the same problem, checked here and had it fixed in a second!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jane. Same prob. What did I press that caused the tool bar AND the options bar to vanish? Sounds like a confusing function that the Adobe programmers should disable. Daniel in San Antonio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly the tab key on your keyboard. Press it again to restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This makes sense -- I was looking at my screen and thought I pressed Caps Lock, but must've hit Tab. I'll remember this next time. It's a royal pain to rebuild the Photoshop workspace the way I prefer. Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you know that you can save out a Custom workspace and name it? Then when it gets messed up, you simply Reset it by that name.

Just set up the panels the way you want, then go to Window menu > Workspace > New Workspace...

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most helpful. Redocking Layers and History the way I prefer can be a real pain and now I won't have to deal with that. Thank you so much! Daniel

On Thursday, August 1, 2019, 9:06:38 PM CDT, gener7 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

photoshop cc 2019 options bar is missing Please help

created by gener7 in Photoshop - View the full discussion

Did you know that you can save out a Custom workspace and name it? Then when it gets messed up, you simply Reset it by that name.

Just set up the panels the way you want, then go to Window menu > Workspace > New Workspace...

Gene

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11194511#11194511 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11194511#11194511

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried several saved workspaces, none brought it back... I thought I had done something wrong,... nice to know i had company!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danielh42350231  wrote

Thanks, Jane. Same prob. What did I press that caused the tool bar AND the options bar to vanish? Sounds like a confusing function that the Adobe programmers should disable. Daniel in San Antonio.

Hi Daniel,

Pressing Tab to hide the panels and display more screen space goes back 30 years to the first version of PageMaker, which used a runtime version of Windows 2.0. You can hover over the edge of a hidden panel to temporarily bring it back and click something in it. I find it especially useful when traveling and working on a 13” laptop, so I hope it is never disabled!

Shift+Tab hides only the top and right panels, not the left.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pagemaker! I vaguely remember that from the Dark Ages. Thanks for the info. Printed it to put in my reference folder. Daniel

On Friday, August 2, 2019, 9:10:07 AM CDT, jane-e <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

|

You have been mentioned

by jane-e in Re: photoshop cc 2019 options bar is missing Please help in Adobe Community - View jane-e's reference to you

danielh42350231  wrote

Hi Daniel,

Pressing Tab to hide the panels and display more screen space goes back 30 years to the first version of PageMaker, which used a runtime version of Windows 2.0. You can hover over the edge of a hidden panel to temporarily bring it back and click something in it. I find it especially useful when traveling and working on a 13” laptop, so I hope it is never disabled!

Shift+Tab hides only the top and right panels, not the left.

~ Jane

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, I cannot see the options bar. I have tried everything including resetting the worspace essentials and it is still not visible. I'm using phototshop CC release 22.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines