Highlighted

Photoshop CC 2019 Won't Start via Remote Desktop (Windows)

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ever since I upgraded to Photoshop CC 2019, I can't launch it when I'm connected to my PC via remote desktop.  When I try to launch, I get a series of this error:

LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect.

Works fine if I launch when locally at the PC.  Also, am able to use the app remotely if someone starts it locally first.

How can I fix?  Do I need to downgrade back to previous version?

Looks like you can workaround by disabling the video card via Device Manager and then launching.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC 2019 Won't Start via Remote Desktop (Windows)

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ever since I upgraded to Photoshop CC 2019, I can't launch it when I'm connected to my PC via remote desktop.  When I try to launch, I get a series of this error:

LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect.

Works fine if I launch when locally at the PC.  Also, am able to use the app remotely if someone starts it locally first.

How can I fix?  Do I need to downgrade back to previous version?

Looks like you can workaround by disabling the video card via Device Manager and then launching.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive the same error "LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect." when I try to launch Photoshop or Dimension or Illustrator from Creative Cloud Desktop. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used MarcMataya's solution below making the bat file, it was brilliant.  You saved the day for me, working at home because of COVID-19 orders.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the perfect & easy fix!  Since the problem is that it's looking for your remote connection's screen information, you need to trick it to open as if you were in front of that machine.  Simply create a text file on the desktop and paste in the following code.  Next, File > Save As... > Desktop > LaunchPhotoshop.bat. (NOTE that you are creating a .BAT file which can be edited in Notepad or right-click Edit)  Then, simply doulbe click that new desktop icon and as it is counting down, DISCONNECT from your remote desktop session to allow Photoshop to open on its own.  If by chance there are any other Adobe loading prompt boxes when you reconnect, click OK, then immediately disconnect again so that it can continue to load the video drivers behind the scenes.

@echo off
echo Launching Photoshop
timeout 15
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Photoshop.exe"

Ditto for Illustrator:

@echo off
echo Launching Illustrator
timeout 30
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 5
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paste what code? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .bat solution worked for me. Hopefully an update will change this since there is a lot more remote workers during these times. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The worked around worked great.  Thanks for the tip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, loading Photoshop on a 15 second delay while I disconnected from Remote Desktop and then reconnecting to Remote Desktop a minute later worked for me. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0