• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 Won't Start via Remote Desktop (Windows)

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ever since I upgraded to Photoshop CC 2019, I can't launch it when I'm connected to my PC via remote desktop.  When I try to launch, I get a series of this error:

LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect.

Works fine if I launch when locally at the PC.  Also, am able to use the app remotely if someone starts it locally first.

How can I fix?  Do I need to downgrade back to previous version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Looks like you can workaround by disabling the video card via Device Manager and then launching.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you can workaround by disabling the video card via Device Manager and then launching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive the same error "LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect." when I try to launch Photoshop or Dimension or Illustrator from Creative Cloud Desktop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used MarcMataya's solution below making the bat file, it was brilliant.  You saved the day for me, working at home because of COVID-19 orders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the perfect & easy fix!  Since the problem is that it's looking for your remote connection's screen information, you need to trick it to open as if you were in front of that machine.  Simply create a text file on the desktop and paste in the following code.  Next, File > Save As... > Desktop > LaunchPhotoshop.bat. (NOTE that you are creating a .BAT file which can be edited in Notepad or right-click Edit)  Then, simply doulbe click that new desktop icon and as it is counting down, DISCONNECT from your remote desktop session to allow Photoshop to open on its own.  If by chance there are any other Adobe loading prompt boxes when you reconnect, click OK, then immediately disconnect again so that it can continue to load the video drivers behind the scenes.

@echo off
echo Launching Photoshop
timeout 15
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Photoshop.exe"

Ditto for Illustrator:

@echo off
echo Launching Illustrator
timeout 30
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paste what code? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .bat solution worked for me. Hopefully an update will change this since there is a lot more remote workers during these times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The worked around worked great.  Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, loading Photoshop on a 15 second delay while I disconnected from Remote Desktop and then reconnecting to Remote Desktop a minute later worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this worked for me. Had to update the path to Photoshop 2021 but it worked a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Also working from home and using Elements remotely. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I asked how you were able to use the code? I dont understand where I'm supposed to input any of the information they posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I can describe it any more clearly than MarcMataya already has...

You need to create a new text file on your computers desktop (desktop for convenience, you could create it anywhere in your file system that suits you) by opening e.g. Notpaed and *saving the file with its contents as whatevernameyoulike.BAT

The important part is to make sure the file name ends with the file extension .BAT (default from Notepad is .TXT) - this will not work otherwise.

*Before you save the file copy the following text into it...

@echo off
echo Launching Photoshop
timeout 15
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Photoshop.exe"

You might need to chaneg the file path depending on the product and version you are using. This can be checked by bowsing your file system with Windows Explorer.

In my case my system was grumpy using a single launch command line so the contents of my LaunchPSE.bat file looks like this: -

timeout 15
CD \Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021
PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

Once you are done creating the .BAT file and have it saved on the Desktop ready to use...

Double click the file - this will execute the batch file.

Now Disconnect your remote desktop session (not Log Off - "Disconnect").

Wait for e.g. 60 seconds to give the Adobe app time to start up while you are diosconnected.

Reconnect to your remote destop session and you should find the Adobe app has started without error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is super old and you probably won't see this, but I'm trying to use this workaround and still having no luck. I've done it just as you said, but when I wait a minute or two then log back in to my remote desktop, the same error messages are piled up and Photoshop has tried and failed to launch. I'm so frustrated as there are no other solutions out there except for disabling the video card which I cannot do. I can't understand how, even when I fully disconnect and give it a few minutes to launch, it can still have an error. Photoshop works absolutely fine when I'm physically using the computer.

Any idea why this wouldn't work? Or any other workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines