Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 crop tool and straighten

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I just want to ask a short question. Normally I´m using the Photoshop 2016 version. When I click on the crop tool I can easily also straighten my photos starting from 0.0 to 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 angle or in other direction -0.1, -0.2- 0.3 angle. Due to COVID-19 crisis I had to broke my studies for a while and I have returned to my country. In the computer of my dad there is the Adobe Photoshop 2020. I wanted to straighen my photos again with the croping tool but after 0.0 degrees when I take it up or down it starts with an angle of 0.6 or -0.6. I tried everything to fix it but failed. Could you please help me?

Thank you so much for your enegy and time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

It might be that you have Snap enabled under View.

If you hold down the Ctrl (Control) key while rotating that should bypass the Snap To.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check the following video hope it helps you ..... regards

https://youtu.be/Wv97OkwCfoE

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Ali Sajjad,

I personally want to thank you for your kind answer and time, but this is not the real solution for my problem. The point is, I´m an aviation photographer and while editing I have to rotate step by step and see the best straighten options. In the backgroung there are buildings or airport lightinings and I have to rotate carefully the photo for the best option. Just an example for my photo ( https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9261391 ). When I rotate with croping tool it starts with 0.6 and its to much already. The one you have sended in video is kind of an randomly rotate.

Best regards

Kaan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mine is working fine you can use it manually try to reset your preferences and try it.....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be that you have Snap enabled under View.

If you hold down the Ctrl (Control) key while rotating that should bypass the Snap To.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for the tipp. It didn´t worked at the beginning but after a week it just started working. Now I can straighten my photos easily with 0,1 or 0,2 angles. Thank you!

Best regards

Kaan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thanks so ,much for this wisdom! Turning off "Snap" within the "View" menu allowed the automation "Crop and Straighten" to work successfully. With "Snap" enabled, Photoshop 2020 alternatively made a copy of the scan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. Crop and Straighten still not working... anyone know how to get this function working again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

What doesn't work with Crop and Straighten?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines