• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC can not open Nikon Raw NEF file from NAS file server.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC can not open Nikon Raw NEF files on my NAS file server from my iMac (macOS Mojave 10.14.2). It can open JPG files from the same folder on the NAS server, but gives the message "Could not complete your request because the file was not found." whenever I try to open a NEF file.

I have made sure that the latest version of Camera Raw (11.2) is installed on my iMac and have the latest version of Photoshop CC (20.0.4).

If I copy these same files from the NAS to the local hard drive, they open fine. The whole reason to have NAS is to store my files off my local hard drive, so this is not a great option.

I've seen a lot of old threads that seem to have similar issues and tried multiple fixes (like the Camera Raw update and reboot), but nothing has fixed this.

Help me adobe community, you're my only hope...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Hi plusdavid42,

We're sorry that you're unable to open raw files saved on a NAS server in Photoshop CC 2019.

What you're seeing is a bug that our engineering team is working on. Below are the workarounds available.

More details related to this issue listed here: Cannot open raw files from a network drive

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi plusdavid42,

We're sorry that you're unable to open raw files saved on a NAS server in Photoshop CC 2019.

What you're seeing is a bug that our engineering team is working on. Below are the workarounds available.

More details related to this issue listed here: Cannot open raw files from a network drive

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key for me in the workarounds was rolling back to Camera Raw version 11.1. I tried opening multiple files in Photoshop under Camera Raw version 11.2 and it did bring them up into the initial image opening dialog, but when I tried to actually open the files I got the same message. Only when I rolled back to Camera Raw version 11.1 could I load the files in Photoshop.

The only issue I have now is a warning dialog in Lightroom, when I have multiple images selected and ask it to open the images as layers in Photoshop. It warns me that I may need to update Camera Raw to 11.2. But I can ignore that warning and everything works.

Thanks for the workaround. I think you may want to make it clearer that you need to roll back to Camera Raw version 11.1 in order for any of the workarounds to work.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce Camera Raw 11.2.1 which includes a bug fix affecting the opening raw files stored on a NAS.

This change should fix issues with Bridge and Lightroom Classic opening raw files using Edit in Photoshop.

Note: It is necessary to install the Camera Raw update to fix this issue. Installing Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 alone will not affect the issue.

You can install the updates on desktop applications via the Creative Cloud App. [CTRL/CMD]+[ALT/OPT]+[ R ] will refresh your app if the update doesn’t appear. See Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Please install the update and let us know if you continue to face any issues.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It's now October 2020 and I am using a Synology NAS with Photoshop 21.2.4 and ACR 12.4.0.555 and have the exact same problem trying to open NEF files. Like the previous user, ironically if you open more then one it works but won't open a single file. Does anyone know if this is being looked at again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It's now April 2022 and I am also using a Synology NAS with photoshop 23.3.1 with camera raw 13.1 and am still having the same issue. Every other software I have has no issue opening these raw files on the NAS. Was worried that it was the disk itself, but opening 2 images at once seems to work. Is this issue going to be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its now April 2023 and This is still an issue, any chance on it getting a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines