• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop CC2017 does not recognised files

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PhotoShop CC 2017 and sudeenly my nef files are not recognised by the software. What shoul I do?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2017 is no longer supported. Use the CC desktop application, to update Photoshop and Camera Raw, as long as you have a subscription, the update will be available.

You were advised to do this yesterday for your other installation problem with CC2017

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer Dave but re-installing is a no-no (after reading all the complaints when poeple upgraded). What bugs me is that in the same CC (2017) on another iMac (running Sierra this time) all my nef where easily opened. Not anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW These are nef files from and old Nikin 7100; all the files are "normal" ones!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer but re-installing is a no-no (after reading all the complaints when poeple upgraded). What bugs me is that in the same CC (2017) on another iMac (running Sierra this time) all my nef where easily opened. Not anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Photoshop 2021 does not run on Sierra.  Can you open your NEF in ACR troungh Bridge.  Which ACR  do you have installed?  Current ACR 13 should work in CC 2017 for it works in CC 2014 on my machine but I use windows not a mac.  Is CC 2017 working for none RAW image files? Photoshop does not support RAW files ACR does. Reset your Photoshop Preferences and tools if your NEF file worked in the past.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks

I simply re-installed Camera RAW 11.2.1 and everything is back to normal; now if I can move all my plus-ins from PhotoShop CS6 to Photoshop CC 2017, I'll be running as hell!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops plug-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is simply copying my old plugs-ins from PhotoShop CS6 to the same folder (Plug-ins) in Photoshop 2017 will do the job?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines