• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop corrupting HP Officejet launch

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to launch HP Officeject Pro 8600, it launches Photoshop CC 2018, then pops up an error message "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". Anyone knows how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

Sorry to hear about the error you're getting, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're working on?

Also, try the steps mentioned here and see if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/troubleshoot-camera-raw-photoshop-photoshop.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link wouldn't help because I don't even want to use Photoshop. I don't even want the Photoshop to be opened. It opens itself when I use the HP Inkjet application. The Photoshop version is Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you launching the HP Officejet? Are you opening a document?

Any easy check is to go to the properties for the file you are clicking on and seeing if it is set to open in Photoshop instead of HP Officejet and change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The launching is from a short-cut icon from installing the HP app. I have checked the lauching target is "HP Officejet Pro 8600.exe" and it starts from "HP Officejet Pro 8600\bin\".

I have also uninstalled/reinstalled both HP app and Photoshop multiple time and no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Uninstalling Photoshop and running the shortcut - have you tried rebuilding the shortcut as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines