• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes almost instantly with open file. Constantly. v20xx and v21xx

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open anything - it crashes.  It will display the photo then I switch to another tool - say from rectangular marquee to magnifying glass. Crash. 

I was able to access preferences and turned on legacy compositing, I know that has been a problem for several, made no difference on my end. Same result. Crash.

Reset prefs, uninstalled, reinstalled latest version, no difference. Crash.

The hardware setup worked great until v20 - 19xx and before worked great.  What changed?

Note: Illustrator - latest version works just fine.  Only a problem with PS.

Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop.

Would you mind sharing the operating system version that you are working on? Please ensure all latest operating system updates are installed on the computer.

You can go to the Preferences for Photoshop, the Performance and uncheck the option to Use Graphics Processor. Then quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older computer but a design workhorse until PS v.20

Win7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

8GB DDR2 @399Mhz RAM

Intel Quad Core Q6600 @2.4Ghz

64GB SSD - dedicated scratch disk (PS/AI)

Turned off the graphics processor (GTX750Ti - 2GB GDDR5) and it would not even open the document before crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update here, anything else I can try?  I just updated again to v21.0.2.  Same result.  Opened a small 5MB PSD file - used zoom tool, clicked once and it crashed.

Using legacy compositing

RAM set to 4100MB

Cache levels set to 2 (from 4)

History states to 10 (from default 20?)

GPU on.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about the delay in response.

Would you mind checking if you have any Windows updates pending? Please install all available Windows updates and check if the issue persists.

If it does, you can try creating a new user account on the computer and check the performance of Photoshop there.

Please check: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13951/windows-create-user-account

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines