• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashing between 70% - 80% when saving a file with art-boards. OS Catalina

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Photoshop 2020 crashes 9/10 times when saving a file with artboards. It always happends at 75% or 77% into the saving process. After it just freezes and I have to force quite the programme. It will not be able to srat again unless I restart my whole computer. I lose loads of time and I don't know what is the problem. I've tried optimizing my performance and file handeling prefrecences and I tried using the old photshop(this has its own problems).

Please fix Photoshop 2020?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop while trying to save files with Artboards. Would you mind telling us if you are exporting the files to your computers local storage or to an external drive?

Please go to the "System Preferences" of your Mac, then "Security and Privacy", then select the "Privacy" tab. Once there, select "Accessibility" from the list on the left and Photoshop to the list. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under "Full disk access". Once done, please restart the computer to check if that helps.

If you still face issues, please reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Please backup your actions, brushes, etc. before you reset the preferences. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for the help. I will see if it actually decreases the amount of this problem. 

I do think that there is a deeper problem regarding the performance of photoshop 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please also check the version of Photoshop that you are using in help>system info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please tell us your version number. We are not interested in "latest" or "current" as an answer.

Also, if you (a) have Catalina (b) are saving to an external disk (c) it is formatted as exFat - then don't do that. Catalina has broken this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines