• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS2 not responding (Win10)

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the free version Photoshop CS2 since I just wanted to try out Photoshop without costs (I am using Windows 10). The installation worked perfectly, I installed all the Photoshop files into a folder on my (D:) directory.

But when I want to open it, the program immediately freezes after the UI has loaded. I have re-installed the program about five times now, and it always ends up not responding.

Another thing to note is that Adobe ImageReady CS2, which got downloaded together with Adobe Photoshop CS2 works perfectly fine without any problems.

Can anyone help?

Lenny

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Deleted User

Hi

Photoshop CS2 is obsolete, dead as a Dodo and has not been available from Adobe for many many years and there's certainly no free version either

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

There has never been Free version of Photoshop CS2.  Also Adobe has removed the CS2 Activation servers from the web.  So even if you were able to download Adobe's CS2 installer the trial version the installer would install could not be activated after the trial period.  CS2 also does not work well on Windows 10....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

There is no free version.  There is other free software that is not from Adobe.

An Adobe alternative is Photoshop Elements, not free, but reasonably priced.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop CS2 is obsolete, dead as a Dodo and has not been available from Adobe for many many years and there's certainly no free version either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has never been Free version of Photoshop CS2.  Also Adobe has removed the CS2 Activation servers from the web.  So even if you were able to download Adobe's CS2 installer the trial version the installer would install could not be activated after the trial period.  CS2 also does not work well on Windows 10....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you for your response. I must have stumbled upon some false / outdated information while trying to find a free version of Adobe Photoshop. Is there any other option to use (maybe an older version of) Photoshop without having to pay a lot? I am a student who would like to get into graphic design at some point soon, but I don't really want to spend big money yet.

Lenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no free version.  There is other free software that is not from Adobe.

An Adobe alternative is Photoshop Elements, not free, but reasonably priced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is free to use, Peru Bob. I've been using it for quit some time now. And it's only now that I am beginning to have problems.

Photoshop is closing down, at all possible times. Don't know the solution to your problem Lennywb. Don't know the solution to mine neighter 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<sigh>

It's true that it's physically possible to use this without paying. That does not make it legal.

This is software from 2005!! Even if you were using it legally, are you really surprised it doesn't work properly?

To be honest, I can't imagine anyone at Adobe cares one way or another. This is a corpse dug out from a computer graveyard. If anything, it might get people to realize that old software is...well, pretty useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If what you are using is free its not Adobe's CS2. It may be an illegal modified Adobe product that only the crook that modified it knows what modifications have been made or what extras have been added. Perhaps an extra feature has infected your machine and now you are having problems.

I have Adobe's CS2 anc CS3 and other versions installed one my Windows 10 system.  CS2 sort of works buts I does not work well.

image.png

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines