Highlighted

Photoshop cs2 won't open.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've downloaded and installed a public version of Photoshop cs2. I think there's no problem with the installation itself.

But when I try to start it, it won't open. My window is of almost the latest version, Windows 10 version 1809.

Anybody can help me please?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

There is no free public legal version of Photoshop.  Adobe has never made a version of Photoshop free for public use.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop cs2 won't open.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've downloaded and installed a public version of Photoshop cs2. I think there's no problem with the installation itself.

But when I try to start it, it won't open. My window is of almost the latest version, Windows 10 version 1809.

Anybody can help me please?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

There is no free public legal version of Photoshop.  Adobe has never made a version of Photoshop free for public use.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 05, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2018 2
Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And CS2 is so old, it won't work right on that operating system as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2018 0
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2018 1
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS2 for sure runs on Windows 10.
Try to set compatibility mode to Windows 7.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may run on windows 10 without setting mode set to Windows 7  better them mode Windows 7.  However, CS2 does not work well on Windows 10 IMO it not usable on my Dell Workstation. I can install and run it but it not worth the effort.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case it did not run on windows 10, did not start even the photoshop logo did not show. Setting compatibility mode helped to fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0