Photoshop cursor getting stuck inside settings boxes

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I move really fast in photoshop, I bounce from brush to lasso to select and mask to all the settings for all of them.  I have noticed for quite awhile that the cursor will get stuck inside a setting box like layer opacity, stamp diffusion, or hue sat channel value settings

I work on a Windows 10 box using a Cintiq 24 pro

very annoying and happens constantly, hard to replicate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop cursor getting stuck inside settings boxes

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I move really fast in photoshop, I bounce from brush to lasso to select and mask to all the settings for all of them.  I have noticed for quite awhile that the cursor will get stuck inside a setting box like layer opacity, stamp diffusion, or hue sat channel value settings

I work on a Windows 10 box using a Cintiq 24 pro

very annoying and happens constantly, hard to replicate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 11, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound like a typical experience with Photoshop, let's make it right.

Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're using?
What operating system are you working with?

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

You may also try optimizing Photoshop's performance and see how it goes: Optimize performance Photoshop

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_10.png

after a select and mask the cursor jumped to clone source rotation - I am at a loss as to why.

Photoshop 20.0.5  - windows 10 10.0.18362 Build 18362

I am not willing to use photoshop without graphics performance because it matters to my workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info, unchecking the GPU is just a troubleshooting step to see if Photoshop works fine after that.

Have you tried using a mouse to see how it works?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me and it's so confusing and disorienting.  I get very frustrated with this behavior.  I am on win 10 and cintiq 27 keyboard plugged into the cintiq.  I am skeptical of this being an optimization problem, I run a 1080ti, 8700K OC'd to 4.9ghz with 64gb ram.  Caches are optimized and I have a work disk of raid0 nvme drives.  This is a bug either on wacoms driver, windows ink or possibly something in photoshop.  I will say that I use the psuserconfig.txt to get brush pressure to work in photoshop on the cintiq with windows ink disabled.  That is my first guess as to where this is coming from.  Any help that test this idea is going to be helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0