Photoshop Format options Error Message

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save my poster in photoshop this is the error message that comes up. How do I get by this so my file will save? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Format options Error Message

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save my poster in photoshop this is the error message that comes up. How do I get by this so my file will save? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 22, 2020 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a warning message - not an error message. So your file will save regardless.

It is warning you that in Preferences > File Handling you have chosen not to Maximise compatibility of your PSD/PSB file. In practice that means that a flattened version of the file is not save alongside the layers within the file. For Photoshop that makes no difference but for some applications (including Lightroom) that would read that flattened version it does. I tend to save with Maximise compatibilty on, which results in slightly larger PSD/PSB files but which can be read by those other applications.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2020 0