• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Freezes and Crashes usually while using Pen Tool in hi-res images.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop freezes often when I'm trying to pan in images that are around 5400px x 5400px - typically I'm drawing with the pen tool when this happens. It happens most often when I'm panning using my Huion H640P drawing tablet. However, it also often crashes just zooming in and out using the scroll wheel on my mouse.

Updated to Photoshop 21.2, but freezes and crashes started in the previous version.

I haven't had Photoshop freeze or crash on me in years - so this is strange and frustrating. (Sure there was an occasional rare exception.)

I have a pretty nice machine.

Intel Core i7 9th Gen 9750H (2.60 GHz)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB VRAM

16 GB RAM

512 GB NVMe SSD Windows 10 Home 64-bit Laptop

I have tried these settings - Advanced and Basic for Graphics Processor.

FletchMT_3-1593074099299.png

FletchMT_2-1593074060944.png

FletchMT_0-1593073908247.png

FletchMT_1-1593073929281.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I just tried this and it still freezes.

FletchMT_0-1593358223636.png

It freezes most often when I try to "flick-pan" the view using my pen tablet while drawing a path with the Pen Tool.

When the screen freezes - it's just the view of the file I'm editing in photoshop. I'm able to save and close the file and when I open, I can still work on the path. However, if I keep attempting to zoom or pan after the view freezes, then it will eventually freeze photoshop completely and / or crash and close photoshop without being able to save or recover the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem , did anyone found a solution ? I have to close my work every 5 mn to re open it right after that's massively bothering ^^

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines