• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezing, hanging, or otherwise crashing

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually I use painttool sai to create artworks and sketches, but given Adobe's library of paintbrushes I thought I'd try and create a painted piece in photoshop. The piece is rather large, sure, but I dont see why it shouldnt handle it, especially given the fact that you can have more than one artboard. 

I've tried every possible solution in the book for this software to work, between upgrading my driver's, to uninstalling any addons, but photoshop just doesnt cooperate. 

My computer has 16gb of ddr4 RAM, A 1050ti (not the best but almost always gets the job done) and a very very recent cpu, as well as a 1TB ssd. There should be absolutely 0 reason photoshop continues to crash like it does for a painting session.

If I turn on GPU settings, it suffers that dreaded hang where you cant edit the picture and all you can do is save and reopen. Turning off gpu settings blocks me out of tools I need, so this shouldnt be a valid solution. I've turned up cache, and its RAM usage, to no avail (and it's not even maxing it out, and tbh when it does that's an issue too). Otherwise it just stops working altogether, and eventually crashes to desktop while i pray theres a recovery file. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I pay monthly to use this software and it's becoming cumbersome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?