Highlighted

Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working With Wacom Tablet

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem which apparently used to be very common. Maybe not so much anymore since my software is now a bit on the old side. Anyway, I'm using Photoshop CS6 with MacOS Sierra, and El Capitan, along with a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet. The tablet used to work fine in Sierra with PS CS5. But upon "upgrading" to CS6, the keyboard shortcuts are very frequently (though not always) unresponsive while I'm using the Wacom tablet (though they show no problems when using just a mouse). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling CS6, and have also tried the "White Window Workaround" plugin, all to no avail. The keyboard shortcuts remain unpredictable, and often unresponsive.

Wacom was kind enough to send detailed instructions of which com.wacom files to delete from my Mac's Library folder, and steps to follow to uninstall and reinstall the Wacom driver, hoping that might help. Unfortunately it didn't.

As a final idea, Wacom suggested that I reset my Photoshop settings. They recommended contacting Adobe for help with this. But of course CS6 is no longer supported, so I'm appealing to the Adobe community here for any help with how to safely do this.

Or if you have any other suggestions that might fix the Wacom-related keyboard shortcut issues in Photoshop CS6, that would be appreciated. As many of you know, it's pretty hard to work without those shortcuts functioning reliably.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working With Wacom Tablet

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem which apparently used to be very common. Maybe not so much anymore since my software is now a bit on the old side. Anyway, I'm using Photoshop CS6 with MacOS Sierra, and El Capitan, along with a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet. The tablet used to work fine in Sierra with PS CS5. But upon "upgrading" to CS6, the keyboard shortcuts are very frequently (though not always) unresponsive while I'm using the Wacom tablet (though they show no problems when using just a mouse). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling CS6, and have also tried the "White Window Workaround" plugin, all to no avail. The keyboard shortcuts remain unpredictable, and often unresponsive.

Wacom was kind enough to send detailed instructions of which com.wacom files to delete from my Mac's Library folder, and steps to follow to uninstall and reinstall the Wacom driver, hoping that might help. Unfortunately it didn't.

As a final idea, Wacom suggested that I reset my Photoshop settings. They recommended contacting Adobe for help with this. But of course CS6 is no longer supported, so I'm appealing to the Adobe community here for any help with how to safely do this.

Or if you have any other suggestions that might fix the Wacom-related keyboard shortcut issues in Photoshop CS6, that would be appreciated. As many of you know, it's pretty hard to work without those shortcuts functioning reliably.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I sure appreciate that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reset your Photoshop preferences by holding Ctrl+Opt+Cmd+Shift when you open the app. It should come up with a window asking if you want to delete your prefs.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing that info! I put it to use and it worked like you said. Unfortunately, the problem with the keyboard shortcuts persists. But I still appreciate the help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify - if you disconnect your Wacom tablet, the keyboard shortcuts work as expected?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct. In fact, whether the Wacom tablet is connected or disconnected, the keyboard shortcuts seem to work perfectly when just using the mouse. The problem definitely appears to be specific to using the Wacom tablet with Photoshop CS6.

Additionally, the tablet appears to work fine with non-Adobe apps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this still works but you can try this solution:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-tablet-bug-keyboard-shortcuts-temporarily-won-t-w... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for that link. Yes, I'd already checked out that discussion and installed the "White Window" plugin according to the instructions. Unfortunately that didn't eliminate the problem either, even though it apparently worked well for some other users. I sure appreciate the suggestion though!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0