Photoshop not flattening layers or saving due to program error

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always working with all sorts of files for my job, but today I have been working on a couple of files, layering them, when I go to flatten image this notification is showin 'Could not complete your request because of a program error.'

And then if I go to save as a JPEG expecting it to flatten that way it is also showing the same error - that said it isn't happening on everything, but 90% of files.

If I open an exisiting PSD with multiple files, and edit some text and save that is working fine, just seems to be when adding new layers from another image. 

Any help would be appreciated, I have cleared the cache, preferences and un installed PS

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop not flattening layers or saving due to program error

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always working with all sorts of files for my job, but today I have been working on a couple of files, layering them, when I go to flatten image this notification is showin 'Could not complete your request because of a program error.'

And then if I go to save as a JPEG expecting it to flatten that way it is also showing the same error - that said it isn't happening on everything, but 90% of files.

If I open an exisiting PSD with multiple files, and edit some text and save that is working fine, just seems to be when adding new layers from another image. 

Any help would be appreciated, I have cleared the cache, preferences and un installed PS

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 07, 2021 0
nikunj.m LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system?

If you're using the latest version of Photoshop. this is a known issues & our product team is working on a fix for the program error. Meanwhile, you can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0