• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Opens but I "cannot get into"

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I was working when the eletricity went off for less than a second. It happens sometimes and those times Photoshop closes, when I open it again it just shows my works as recovered. This time I opened it as usual, I could see it opened because the icon in the app bar at the botton of the screen shows it as open. If I put the cursor over it I can see the preview of the desk (I cannot recall the exact name of it) with a recovered work but I cannot use it because it doesn't enlarge to let me work.

After closing it with Task manager and open it many times, I thought there could be a hidden window asking me something, so I hit control S to save whatever it could be and enter. I was right because a second  recovered work started showing. But I still couldn't enter. I hit again S and enter but nothing changed. I unistalled it (maintainign the preferences) and installed it but nothing changed again.

The only other thing I can say is that when I click it, a little windows shows but it should be because a little earlier I was checking the hue of a photo. I don't think it implies a reply.  This is the screenshot of the little window:

finestra.JPG

Before disinstalling Photoshop again, this time deleting the preferences, do you have any idea of what could have happened?

I use Photoshop CC latest version, Windows 10 64 bit.

Below you can see Photoshop is open with a work inside but I cannot use it.

IMG_4352.JPG

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try using the Adobe cleaner tool to uninstall and reinstall

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

If that doesn't help try logging into Windows with a new user account to see if Photoshop will launch

How to Create a New Local User Account in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the recovery PSB files out of you user ID Photoshop recovery folder. ON Windows:

"C:\Users\(your User ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\"

Photoshop should then open with out any recovery file opening.  You can then try to open the recovery PSB file one at a time to see if you can recover any lost work....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. Now Photoshop opens as before but instead of having the recovered file visualized, I see the preview of all the files I worked on earlier yesterday. Still I cannot enter on Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do it but I don't understand... As the instructions says, I unistalled the program with the windows control panel, -> Uninstall program. Fine. I then restarted the computer and downloaded the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. But when I run it as an administrator, the instructions says to select the application to remove. But it has already removed with the Windows control panel and infact it doesn't show in the list. So what should I do at this point?

I feel really confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED.

The problem was the cable of the display tablet. When I realized it I disconnected it (I usually keep it plugged) and I was able again to enter. Sorry for the silliness of the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little late now - but I got myself one of these, and I have absolutely no idea why I didn't do that a long time ago:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/826211-REG/APC_BR900GI_Power_Saving_Back_UPS_Pro_900.html

It keeps the system running for about 90 minutes, and then gracefully shuts it down.

Disconnecting it now would feel like walking out on a busy street with no clothes on. Or so I imagine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got mine from amazon

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines