Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Scratch Disk Full - On a NEW Mac

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I just got a new macbook and downloaded photoshop, however it keeps telling me that the scratch disk is full. Why is this? How can I fix it? I already unistall and reinstalled the program and nothing. Most videos I found on how to solve this issue haven't work.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on? Are you getting the error while trying to launch the app or while trying to create a new document?

Scarth disk is the amount the free space Photoshop needs to create the necessary temporary files while launching the app or working on the files. We recommend around 8GB of free space on the main drive and more depending on the dimensions and resolution of the file you are working on.

You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How much free space do you have on Photoshop scratch disk? IMO you need around 100GB, Photoshop can user quited a bit of scratch space.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines