• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop V21.2 is slow with weird issues and unusable.

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last month I was happily using Photoshop V20.01, Animate and Illustrator all open and swapping between them, no issues.
With the update to V21.2 I can't even use Photoshop on it's own just doing a drawing!
After about 20 mins it becomes REALLY laggy and then will start drawing the previous stroke when you're drawing the current one, which is no help at all. Then it started doing wird block stuff with the pencil (brush) and I gave up and went back to V20, which is fine.
This has happened for 3 days now and I've been through all optimisation setting. Nothing changes it (although I think it got worse!)>
I'm using I7-6700 CPU, 32GB Ram, SSDs. My video card is only a GeForce 210 (can't update drivers) but everything was working perfectly last month!

Help! .....Please 🙂

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the laggy experience with Photoshop, could you please try disabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I'll try that and update this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, just tried that but after about 10 minutes Photoshop starts to only draw the previous stroke.
i.e. you draw a stroke - nothing happens, you draw the next stroke and it actually draws the previous one. 
The same file in Photoshop 20 is fine.
The file is a drawing (black/white) with only 3 layers and is 371MB in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines