• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't allow you to save a file using the "Save As" function

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open photoshop, it leads me to the opening screen but completey blank and does not load. If I click on a previous work of mine, it will open in Photoshop but from there if I go file > new or file > save as nothing happens. The keyboard shortcuts also do not work for these.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop won't allow you to save a file using the "Save As" function as nothing comes up when you choose that option.

Please share the version of Photoshop along with your computer's OS. Are you able to save a new file using the File> Save as function?

Try resetting the preferences: to restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

For details, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I tried this, and not only did it not work for using Save As but I had also just fixed the problem of photoshop being completey blank when I opened it, and now it's back to being blank again. 

I am on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is Photoshop up to date? Ps 22.0.1 fixed several bugs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I only bought photoshop a couple days ago and just double checked to make sure: yes it's yo to date: 22.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on the intel CPU, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, how do I check if it's on the intel CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please check your system configration via Photoshop. You may share the details here. Navigate to Help> System info menu in Photoshop, click copy report and share it with us here. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines