• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open properly and a message comes out with "The Specified Module Could Not Be Found"

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am trying to use Photoshop Cs6 but whenever I open it, a message comes up saying "The Specified Module Could Not Be Found". Photoshop Cs6 was working a week ago but the next day it just stopped working. I did an Antivirus check and there were no problems. I did Sfc/Scannow in Command Prompt but it said there were no corrupt files. If you need to know about my Computer's system, I will add it. If you find any solution, please tell me as soon as possible. Photoshop is a big thing for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

dt85179793  wrote

Adobe Photoshop Lite Portable

That is a well known term for a cracked/pirated version. No such thing has ever been sold from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kool_khaizer  wrote

"The Specified Module Could Not Be Found"

Was a module name noted?  If not try restoring your windows system to a recent restore point where CS6 was working. Also try deleting your userid Photoshop preferences. Try that first.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do the recent restore point solution. There was no name noted and I do not know how to delete userid Photoshop preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two way to delete Photoshop Preferences.  Click tge ICON to launch CS6 immediately press and hold Shift+Alt+Ctrl  you should get a dialog asking if you want to delete you preferences. Click Yes.

If you do not get that dialog.  Use Windows file explorer. You must change Windows default Vies setting so you can see hidden folders and Files.

Capture.jpg

After you do that find and delete your user ID cs6 settings delete or rename that folder.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to go to a restore point where CS6 was working. Also I deleted Userid preferences but nothing changed I am still have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I would suggest that you install Cs6 on top of your current install which should back level CS6 to version 13.0. CS6 version 13.0 is very unstable so the first thing you need to do is update the back leveled install.  To 13.0.1.3 Windows or 13.0.6 Mac. If the Cs6 install does not install and back level CS6 to 13.0 and work.  Uninstall CS6 download Adobe Cleaner  and run it.  Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems. Then install CS6.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem. Everything was working one day then the next day I got a "specified module cannot be found" error.

Running cs6 on a surface windows 10. tried everything in this thread and nothing worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you removed CS6, used Adobe Cleaner and CS6 will not install and run you need Adobe help.   Customer support is required to help with installation prtoblems.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not uninstall cs6 because I do not have my original liscence key on hand, so I would have no way to reinstall.

I did use cleaner and removed cloud and did everything else but uninstall cs6.

I also spent over 2 hours chatting with Adobe "support". The result of that discussion is that they will not help me if I cannot produce my liscence key ##, which I cannot view because I cannot get the program to open. So basically I am stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Activated CS6 through Adobe then CS6 should be registered your Adobe account. Your serial number will be there. You can also try installing CS6 on top of cs6 to back level CS6 to version 13.0 and it should still be activated. If that fixes CS6 you should be able to update it to level 13.0.6 Mac or 13.0.1.3 Windows without needing your serial. Your serial though should be available under your products on Adobe.com.  CS6 need its update 13.0 is very unstable...

Find your serial number

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not have it activated thru adobe website. first place i looked and tech support kept trying to pull my email addresses to see if it was ever registered online. it was not.

I bought my copy back in 2015, has been working fine ever since until about a week or so ago when i started to get the error message.

currently running Adobe Photoshop Lite Portable version 13.0.1.2

have tried using license key sniffing programs to find my license key so Adobe 'help' desk will actually help me but so far no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know the only way to activate CS6 is through an Adobe activation server.  The current version of Perpetual Windows CS6 is version 13.0.1.3 you are missing an update.    You can try to fix your CS6 install by installing CS6 on top of your current cs6 install to back level it to a working version 13.0 then update that to version 13.0.1.3. Also install ACR 9.1.1

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dt85179793  wrote

Adobe Photoshop Lite Portable

That is a well known term for a cracked/pirated version. No such thing has ever been sold from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your serial is not in your products in your Adobe Account you most likely have been using a pirated version CS6. CS6 was never activated by an Adobe activation server on you machine.  The Server would register your serial and product to the account used during activation.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree.

It isn't on Adobe server because I did not have this email account active at the time I registered the product.

This was so long ago I registered via phone and was given a confirmation number that I entered into the registration.

I made this email account 2 days ago to report this issue and try to get help and so far Adobe help desk has been less helpful then the community members in this thread and flat out refused to assist me as I could not produce my registration number because I didn't write it down from the phone call 3+ years ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dt85179793  wrote

I registered via phone and was given a confirmation number that I entered into the registration

This isn't how it works, never was. This wasn't done by phone, and there was never any need to enter a "confirmation number". I'm sure you were in good faith, but you've been scammed.

Again, "Lite Portable" is a well known crack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK cool so you were there with me over 10 years ago when I had a CD rom disk copy of Adobe photoshop cs2 that was new in package I bought from a circuit city? Back when internet was dial up and Adobe didn't even have a website beyond just a product page and list of drivers? And the only way you could register a product was to call and talk to a representative over your land line because cell phones weren't a thing yet?

I didn't think so.

Dont say something "never was" especially if you weren't there with the person at the time. All you are doing is calling me a liar and not contributing to the discussion. If anything you've derailed it, as none of this gets back to the core issue of neither me or OP can open photoshop, after years of use.

It was bad enough when my copy of CS2 was deemed "incomparable with new versions of windows and Adobe stopped supporting it and I was forced to upgrade. Now that they have a pay subscription service it looks like they cut off all support for their previous product, even added bugs and instabilities as JJMack said this current version is "very buggy", and why should they fix something you've already bought when instead they can break it to the point if you have to buy the newest latest and greatest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to take a look here

Adobe Genuine software FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines