Highlighted

Pixelated Banners with Photoshop 2020 and MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having trouble with Photoshop 2020 on a MacBook Pro when designing banners. For example I give it a size of 300x600 px, 72pp and the displayed size is smaller / pixelated. It had never happened to me and I can't deliver any work like that.

How could I solve it?

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pixelated Banners with Photoshop 2020 and MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having trouble with Photoshop 2020 on a MacBook Pro when designing banners. For example I give it a size of 300x600 px, 72pp and the displayed size is smaller / pixelated. It had never happened to me and I can't deliver any work like that.

How could I solve it?

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a retina screen, your web browser will scale up the image 2x, so that it appears on screen at the same size as with traditional lo-res displays. So it will look pixelated, especially compared to vector/text elements that (not being made up of pixels) always render at full screen resolution regardless of size.

Photoshop doesn't do any such scaling, and will always display correctly - one image pixel represented by exactly one screen pixel.

Ppi is completely irrelevant and moot on screen and you should just ignore and disregard it. It plays no part in on-screen size, it's strictly a print parameter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when is it smaller? in which application do you preview them? If your screen is retina, and might display 4 pixels (2x2) to create a single one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0