• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Post production help

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was looking around for a way to replicate fitting images into shapes without distortion like the 2 images below, it looks like they have the shape and image put in together but I can't find anything like that in photoshop or outside as I don't know how to name it, I can't find any tutorial or something similar in photoshop help please. I need a way to do the image fitting into a shape for image composition.

9684CBE7-9E2F-455F-864A-7DD0876FE640.jpeg

 

3CF22583-5A32-47DC-8094-5EBE6745B3CA.jpeg

 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

this would be a lot easier to do using indesign or illustrator. But it can be replicated in photoshop with the use of masks and stroke effects. I cut (copied) out a selection to a new layer, and transformed/scaled it up. I also duplicated the layer, added a inner shadow (as per image) rasterized the style effects added a mask and painted away the top layer (chain) to reveal the brighter bottom layer. Hopefully the layer structure will help you get started.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.50.18.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this would be a lot easier to do using indesign or illustrator. But it can be replicated in photoshop with the use of masks and stroke effects. I cut (copied) out a selection to a new layer, and transformed/scaled it up. I also duplicated the layer, added a inner shadow (as per image) rasterized the style effects added a mask and painted away the top layer (chain) to reveal the brighter bottom layer. Hopefully the layer structure will help you get started.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.50.18.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a lifesaver! And how do I do it on InDesign ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well in indesign you can create a stroked frame (any shape) and place a copy of the link into it, apply effects, transform and best of all its live and non destructive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines