Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preferences won't save

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Every time I make an change in 'Preferences' (CTRL+K) it saves within current session just fine. When I close PS and open it up later all the modifications made in preferences are gone. The window itself is light gray and reverted back. When I reset these settings with ctrl+alt+shift and open up PS the default preferences are loaded (dark interface and some other settings) and this will last only until I close PS. After next use - all the prefs are gone again.

I'm lost here, any help are welcome..

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sounds strange, never came across that kind of issue with Photoshop, what exact version of Photoshop and operating system do you have, sounds like it could be an issue with your user settings folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version. Already tried to take ownership, removed read-only and this kind of actions with settings folder. Nothing helped. Re-installing, of course tried as well.. I'm totally lost here..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You failed to mention what operating system you have, I assume you're on Windows, have you tried creating a Windows logon account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having exactly the same (and VERY annoying) problem. Installed Photoshop on a new laptop. Customized with preferences and presets, but preferences only last for the current session. If I exit and reopen, all prefs are lost and it's back to default. I'm on latest version of Win10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines