Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preserve Details 2.0 instantly crashes entire PC

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I decided to try out Preserve Details 2.0 enlargement today.  I used a very basic 1920 X 1080 JPEG and tried to resize 200%.

The *instant* I click "OK" after selecting the resize options, the video signal to my monitor cuts out, and about 10 seconds later my PC hard resets

I tried this with the previous version of Photoshop as well as the current 20.0.1 release and the outcome is the same.

All PC drivers, GPU drivers, and Windows itself are as up to date as possible.

I have contacted Adobe support chat twice with the issue and they did not even know this was a feature of Photoshop....

Can someone help me out please?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Other info:

Windows 10 64bit Home (latest updates & build)Intel 7820X CPU @ 4.7GHz all cores

Nvidia TITAN X 12GB GPU (latest driver)

32GB 3200Mhz quad channel RAM

Samsung 960 PRO NVMe SSD (application and OS drive)

Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD dedicated scratch drive

I am allowing Photoshop to use up to 80% of available RAM.

I have zero issues with anything else in Photoshop, but this particular action crashes my entire PC, not just the program.

Thanks again for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK Preserve Details uses OpenCL - in other words it runs in the GPU. So it's the video driver.

In any case applications can't crash modern OS's. But drivers can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D Fosse and marks89767644 It seems like I am not the only one

I have the latest NVidia drivers and even when I click to not use and disable "Graphic Processor" in the Photoshop menu it crashes the PC even without Graphic Processor.

When I try to resize the image and apply Preserve Details 2.0 function it suddenly turns off the whole PC with Photoshop

See the video here: https://youtu.be/49rH_3faj1k

Please help to solve it asap !! Any specific version of NVidia drivers are supported?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you ever solved this problem? I'm experiencing the exact same thing (only in my case it crashes already during the preview). It only happens for this resampling type... 

Thanks, if you have any valuable info please email me at magus.shush@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines