• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Communication Error to every printer from every file type.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, PS has a well known (except to Adobe) bug where it writes printer information into a file which somehow then breaks the ability to print it later. On both a Mac and PC, I get error messages trying to print. You can see the exact language in the attachments. Someone high up at Epson told me this is a well known (to Epson) bug since perhaps CS 6 onward where PS will imprint some kind of printer identifying code that can then result in these communication errors.

For years, I had a mid-2011 Imac running (I think) Lion with CS3 and printing just fine to an Epson P800. I refused to update for just these reasons. Computer died in November. Replaced with an Imac 21" which is fully updated, same Epson P800 printer (also fully updated) and CC 2020 fully updated. Days on the phone with Epson uninstalling and reinstalling printer and then another entrie day with Adobe remotely poking around the guts of the computer and uninstalling/reinstalling PS failed to resolve the problem.

There is no rhyme or reason to what prints might or might not print. More than 1/2 are printing just fine--printer dialogue box comes up right away. Desktop, external drive, jpg, PSD, tiff--completely a crap shoot if it will decide to print or not.

Anyone? I have some major exhibits coming up and I can't print.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having what sounds like a similar issue... I'll be in the middle of printing something from Photoshop, sometimes it'll be almost completely done, when it will suddenly stop printing and I get a message that says "communication error". I read somewhere online that this can be caused by printing at too high of a resolution, so I'll sometimes lower the resolution to below 300 dpi but this isn't a sure fire fix. Reinstalling drivers hasn't helped. I'd love to know if you're also getting the "communication error" message or if anyone else has had this happen to them - I've wasted so much ink and paper (and time) because of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines