Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with GIF export - GIF not moving PS 2020

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

I am having trouble exporting my gif in PS 2020. in my PSD file, I do not have any trouble the gif moving when I preview it, but once I export it, it doesn't work. 

I have tried copying and pasting into an entirely new file, trying it in the version before PS 2020 and neither worked. My file size is 527k and I do not have a lot of programs open. 

Any advice??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are saving your gif for the web does it play in the saver for web dialog? Can you use its Preview button also to preview it in you browser?

image.pngimage.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had this same problem in Photoshop 2024. It will not give me an Export Animated GIF option and it will not allow me to save in the Save for Web Legacy option either. However, if you right click the Preview version of the GIF (in Web Legacy) and then Save As the document with a .gif tag it will work per the settings in the preview box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the Save for Web dialog box is a Looping Options drop down menu. Is yours set to Forever?

Are you previewing your GIF in a program that supports animation such as a web browser or a program that doesn't such as a static image editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines