• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with oversaturation of color

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem for some time now. I am working on a laptop with photoshop (latest version, everything up to date) and when after I finish a project and save it, and view it on a cell phone, another computer, or even my TV, the colors are always oversaturated. I have tried to do a recalibration of my laptop monitor, several times and it doesn't do anything. Skin tones take on terrible orange colors, shadows blend in with dark color background, blues darken to purples, ect... it's almost an entirely different image when I am finished with it and look on another device. So far, I've been using my laptop for creating and using another computer to view the final image and go back and forth between the two to fix things, or even use instagram's filters to make it lighter but it's getting frustrating going back and forth between the two, espically when the image looks perfect on my laptop, but then the final product looks like oversaturated garbage. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When exporting an image for viewing elsewhere  make sure it is converted to the sRGB color space and the sRGB colour profile is embedded in the image (Export As or   Save for Web both allow you to set those). However don't expect a perfect match between your laptop and a phone screen or a TV screen . The screens are not calibrated to look the same.

You mentioned re-calibrating your monitor. The only accurate way to do that is with a hardware calibration device (e.g the i1Display). It will also produce an accurate monitor profile so that Photoshop displays the colours on your screen correctly. At least that way you know your laptop is set correctly and your image is adjusted to correctly  on that calibrated monitor and you are not making image adjustments to compensate for a poorly adjusted monitor.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines