• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program error after Photoshop 22.0 update using NiK

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• First, I am a real estate photog, and I do heavy Lr and Ps work. LOVE the new sky replacement in Ps....

HOWEVER...

I am having a major problem with new Ps.... My workflow starts in Lr.... then to Ps for layering. Then I combine and throw into Nik for final clean up.

When it comes back into Ps, Ps is ALL LOCKED UP- I cannot do anything (except save, which is good!) Usually, after it gets back to Ps I see some final bit I need to correct- usally a speck of dirt or something. I hit Zoom to get in on it, and NOTHING. Nada. I tried Brush, clone stamp, etc... nada. All locked up.

FWIW, if I do something, it does actually happen to the image, it just does not show in the main Ps window...

So how can I report this? Does anyone at Adobe care and who can help me with this?

Thanks!

Dave

Dave Koch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

A couple of things to know so that we can help you more effectively: What platform are yo on, Windiws or Mac? And what operating system?

Thanks!

Michelle 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for looking intio this for me! 

Windows 10 (fully updated)....

Just so you know, this ended up being such a problem, I had to downgrade so I could even get my work done....

Dave

Dave Koch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michelle!

Anything?

Dave

Dave Koch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave!

I am sorry that I'm so late in getting back to you. I had two very pressing deadlines for my job that I had to take care of. I am sure, being a photographer, you know what I am talking about.

Downgrading was a smart thing to do until this gets fixed. For the furture, I would recommend that next time there is an upgrade, don't upgrade your old version--choose the button underneath the upgrade button, to install a new version of the program and leave the old one intact. Then, when everything is working proerly, you can uninstall the old version. That way you can keep working and won't have these headaches.

Now to the issues: Did you try turning off your Graphics Processor card? Here is one thread I found that I thought might be helpful: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/how-to-fix-the-operation-could-not-be-carried-out-because-a...

Here is a another link to the Known Issues that have come out since the new release: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

This will walk you through the steps to turn off your graphics processor card (same as the thread aboe) and see if that might be causing the error.

One thread I read said that after reinstalling v22 and not importing the preferences from the old version, he then turned off the GPC and his system was working. This might be another option to try to see if it helps.

Also, as far as reporting the issue directly to Adobe, here is a link: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

They are listening to all user fieedback and want to get this taken care of as quickly as possible. 

Here is one last thread that I saved--it is about creating a new file, but again it is using Windows 10 and so I thought it might be helpful: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/unable-to-create-a-new-file-in-photoshop-2020-21-0-2/td-p/1...

Please let us know if these work arounds help or if you are still having the issue.

Again, thank you so much for your patience!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines