• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps 2020 clone stamp problem

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I begin, I have reset tool, reset all tools, reset prefrences, adjusted the alligned box, fresh install of two versions of 2020 and no luck. I have 2019 installed still and I have never had this problem with any version of photoshop.

For some reason, lets say I have two images open and I want to clone from A to B, and A is a smaller image than B. I can only clone from A onto B on one portion of image B, and it almost seems like the box/window in which it will clone is the pixel dimensions of A. This makes no sense to me and have tried resetting everything. Anyone have and ideas or had this problem? Thank you in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Community Help forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix to this clone tool problem?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well. It is becoming very annoying. Abobe working on a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post bug report here https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

UPD.

If you put a stamp size of 100.1% - 100.0%, it will work.
But this is not a solution

UPD2.
xxx.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice. I set the angle to 360 degrees and seems to be working normal now. May you live to be 1,000 years old. Is this just a random bug or what? aside from this thread I haven't seen this particular problem for anyone anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way of making the default 360 degrees?  It keeps resetting to zero and not working correctly either when I open two new files or after erery new instance of Photoshop is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug. There is no bug report about it.
Create a topic on the site by the link above that I gave.
Then there will be a chance that the next update will be fixed.
I do not work with the PS2020 somehow this particular bug does not bother me.

But I can confirm the bug if you create a thread there and post a link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When would this update fixing this go out I wonder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand why this makes no sense to you.  It seems to me that this is exactly the way it should work.  The clone stamp tool copies pixels from one image to another depending on where you paint in the target and where you set the source in the source image.  I sure hope that Adobe does not decide to attempt to modify this behavior.  If you need to clone from A, first create a copy of A and up sample it to have the dimensions of B if they are the same shape.  If they are not the same shape I really do not know what you do.  As a person who is a retired programmer, I really  do not know what you think the clone tool should do if the images are not the same exact shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been Photoshopping for 15 years now and I'm having this same problem.  And this tool worked fine until it updated to PS 2020.  I can see A in the preview while hovering over the B, but when I click nothing happens.  I believe it has been reported to Adobe as a bug since many people are having this same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already wrote. https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/ps-2020-clone-stamp-problem
Click there "ME TOO".
Then it will speed up the consideration of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines